The library’s mission is to empower our community with reliable resources to support informed healthcare decisions for everyone: including patients, family, friends, medical professionals and the public.
Knowledge is our greatest ally in the mission to keep our community healthy. We want you to be fully informed about your health and any condition you may encounter.
The library is free and open to the public, and offers services including:
- Books, audios and DVDS as well as Internet resources on wellness, disease, treatment, prevention, surgery, drugs, and many other topics.
- Personalized assistance with information searches.
- Internet access to quality health information websites.
- Two week loan of books, audios and DVDs.
- Books, audios, DVDs and Internet resources in Spanish.
- Children’s book collection.
“The library – and the reference librarian – exists to serve the community. By interacting with reference librarians, community members become more information literate. And when a community is composed of members with a higher degree of information literacy, it becomes a better community.”
– David Tyckoson