Valley View is the only facility in Glenwood Springs to offer The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam.
Genius exams deliver a series of detailed breast images, allowing your doctor to better evaluate your breasts layer by layer, and over 200 clinical studies support the benefits of this technology. Studies show that the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam has greater accuracy than 2D mammography for women across a variety of ages and breast densities.[2-7] And it’s the only mammogram FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts. [1,2*]
Greater accuracy means better breast cancer detection and a reduced chance of being called back for additional screenings.[1-7]
We do not require a doctor’s referral to make an appointment for a mammography.
References for Mammography:
*Compared to 2D mammography alone.
1. FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005
2. Friedewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, et al. Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography. JAMA. 2014 Jun 25;311(24):2499-507.
3. Zuckerman SP, Conant EF, Keller BM, et al. Implementation of Synthesized Two-dimensional Mammography in a Population-based Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Screening Program. Radiology. 2016 Dec;281(3):730-736.
4. Skaane P, Bandos A, Eben EB, et al. Two-view digital breast tomosynthesis screening with synthetically reconstructed projection images: comparison with digital breast tomosynthesis with full-field digital mammographic images. Radiology. 2014 Jun;271(3):655-63.
5. Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, et. al. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Aug;17(8):1105-13.
6. McDonald ES, Oustimov A, Weinstein SP, et al. Effectiveness of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Compared With Digital Mammography: Outcomes Analysis From 3 Years of Breast Cancer Screening. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Jun 1;2(6):737-43.
7. Rafferty EA, Durand MA, Conant EF, et al. Breast Cancer Screening Using Tomosynthesis and Digital Mammography in Dense and Nondense Breasts. JAMA. 2016 Apr 26;315(16):1784-6.