- Follow all the instructions your surgeon and/or anesthesiologist have
- A member of the Day Surgery Unit staff will call you the day before your
surgery to notify you of your scheduled surgery time and the time you should
arrive at the hospital. If you will not be home, please call 384-7166 after
3 p.m. the day before your surgery to find out your scheduled times.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your
surgery. This includes water, coffee, any other fluids, hard candy,
chewing gum and tobacco. If you do eat or drink, your surgery will be
delayed or cancelled and rescheduled for another time.
- If you are taking medications every day, consult your
physician to find out if you should take them on the day of surgery. In
general, medicines for your heart, for high blood pressure and for
asthma should be taken with a sip of water (no other liquids) before
coming to the hospital.
- Please do NOT bring your medications to the hospital with
you. But please DO take a moment to make a list of the medications
you are taking. Include prescribed and over-the-counter medicines, as well
as vitamins and other supplements. Note the dosage and how often you take
it. Also, please list any allergies you have to medications, latex or foods.
- Please remove all nail polish. Plan to wear glasses instead of contact
Patient Pre-Registration Online