- Remove trash, old boxes, piles of lumber, old rubble piles and other unwanted items from under or around houses and outbuildings.
- Do not go barefoot or handle firewood without gloves.
- Install screens on doors and windows to prevent entry.
- Seal or caulk cracks and crevices where spiders can enter the house.
- Wash off the outside of the house or building, especially around window wells and other undisturbed places where webs are built.
- Spiders are fragile and easily damaged so sweeping with a stiff broom will remove webbing and usually kill them.