Unidad de Cirugía Ambulatoria
- Follow all the instructions your surgeon and/or anesthesiologist have given you.
- A member of the Day Surgery unit staff will call you the day before your surgery to notify you of your scheduled surgery time and the time you should arrive at the hospital. If you will not be home, please call 970.384.7166 after 3 p.m. the day before your surgery to find out your scheduled times.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, coffee, any other fluids, hard candy, chewing gum and tobacco. If you do eat or drink, your surgery will be delayed or cancelled and rescheduled for another time.
- If you are taking medications every day, consult your physician to find out if you should take them on the day of surgery. In general, medicines for your heart, for high blood pressure and for asthma should be taken with a sip of water (no other liquids) before coming to the hospital.
- Please do NOT bring your medications to the hospital with you. But please DO take a moment to make a list of the medications you are taking. Include prescribed and over-the-counter medicines, as well as vitamins and other supplements. Note the dosage and how often you take it. Also, please list any allergies you have to medications, latex or foods.
- Please remove all nail polish. Plan to wear glasses instead of contact lenses.