The following visitor restrictions are in place as of March 20, 2020:
- No visitors are permitted in any Valley View location except for special circumstances. This is to best protect our staff, patients and facility.
- Persons who have business with Valley View (including reps) should call in advance before arriving at any location.
- Nonclinical groups and events are suspended until further notice. While groups may seek a new location, we encourage them to practice social distancing as an established public health measure.
Postponed Events and Classes
As a precautionary measure to prevent possible exposure and spreading of COVID-19 among our staff, volunteers and the community, the following community programming has been postponed until further notice:
- Coal Ridge High School Health Fair on March 14
- Breastfeeding & Baby Care class on March 25
- Roaring Fork High School Health Fair on April 4
- Glenwood Springs High School Health Fair on April 25
- Nancy’s Cancer Coffee Walk & Talk
- Weekly cancer center programs such as Survive & Thrive
- Grief & Loss
- Caregivers Support group
- Weekly Chat Time and Threads of Love groups
- Senior Exercise Class on March 10, 17, 24 and 31
Valley View has suspended any elective procedure and patient care to best protect Hospital resources during the COVID-19 response. Click here for more information.
If you tested positive for COVID-19, remain under home isolation precautions for 10 days after your symptoms start or 10 days after you are discharged from the hospital, even if you are treated with antiviral medications.
If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath but have not been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and have not tested positive for COVID-19, you should stay home and away from others until 72 hours after the fever is gone and symptoms get better.
If you have a scheduled appointment at Valley View Hospital, please come a few minutes in advance. To best protect you, we are asking patients and visitors to self-park at one of the parking lots immediately adjacent to the Hospital. Our valet team is still available if a patient requires physical assistance. All patients, visitors and staff are asked COVID-19 screening questions prior to entering the Hospital until further notice.
Valley View Physician Practices, including Eagle Valley Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Partners, Roaring Fork Family Practice, Silt Family Practice and Women’s Health, and other outpatient services, such as Imaging and Rehabilitation Services, are also increasing their verbal screenings.
As an added level of precaution to prevent our staff and the community from possible exposure to COVID-19 we have temporarily discontinued online scheduling. Please call your provider to schedule an appointment.
Before calling your doctor, please consider that if you do not have symptoms and would not ordinarily see your doctor based on how you feel now, you do not need evaluation or testing for COVID-19.
If you have fever, cough or cold like symptoms AND traveled outside the United States, OR contact with confirmed COVID-19 case OR traveled to regions with confirmed COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days, please call 970.618.6735 before entering the Hospital or other Valley View facility. It is important to call ahead so we can prepare to best care for you and to prevent the spread of illness.
At this time, Valley View will not test patients for COVID-19 who do not meet appropriate criteria. Valley View adheres to protocols of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
Stay informed with reliable, up-to-date public health information by calling the toll-free Colorado Health Emergency Line at 1.877.462.2911.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.