Valley View is responding daily to the evolving needs of the COVID-19 response. As community members, the most important thing you can do to help is to follow public health guidelines by practicing social distancing and staying healthy and well at home.
If you would like to support us in others ways in the fight against COVID-19, here is how you can help:
- 1. Donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to our healthcare providers. Valley View is now accepting community donations of commercially produced, unused PPE. This request is changing daily as national supplies of PPE decrease. Items can be dropped off, drive through style, to our Lower Valet (Calaway-Young Cancer Center entrance) from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please write your name, phone and address on the box or on a note attached to it. Currently, we are asking for the following, unused, non-latex PPE:
- Eye protection and goggles
- Face shields
- Surgical masks
- N95 masks
- Sterile and non-sterile gloves (no latex)
- Disposable gowns
- Biohazard bags
- 2. Send a note of thanks and encouragement to frontline staff via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are sharing these messages daily with our teams. Staff love to hear these notes and they are helping to brighten their days.
- 3. Donate to our COVID-19 Response Fund. A Response Fund was created on March 23, 2020 to aid Valley View in addressing the emerging needs related to COVID-19. From specialized batteries for the protective suits our frontline healthcare workers wear to construction of more patient rooms with negative airflow, your gift will support the variety of needs related to Valley View’s COVID-19 response. Donate today.
If you have a question about a PPE donation or other ways to support, please call us at 970.384.7632.
We’re all in this together.